Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vintage Pattern Plaid Blouse


Isn't it funny how some outfits just seem to tell you where to take them? For some reason this one makes me want to spend a whole day in the library.



I know I am a bit late to jump on the wagon for the tie-front blouses... I had meant to make this one for so long, but other projects kept interfering. I used a blouse pattern from 1953 that I had made once already for my travel set (you can read about it here).




The original had no tie front, but that was a no-brainer to add. I actually had planned it to be part of my 10 piece winter travel set, but I had to take it off the final selection. It had to do with using my stash, and color choices. This fabric IS from the stash, as are many more blue fabrics... Blue blue blue, it would have been one too many.
However, when I finally pack that set into a travel bag sometime in the far, far future, I just might secretly sneak it in as 11th piece, it goes so well with the tweed pants, for example...




What do you think - wear it in or out?



Until then, I'll just have to wear it to the library.


1 comment:

  1. lovely! i've been wanting a bow top for ages but i think my torso is too short to pull it off. glad to see your blog!

    ♥oonaballoona

    ReplyDelete